- 54M tons / year of waste-derived resources used in our operations
- 6.5M tons of aggregates produced from construction & demolition waste
Why we care
In the long term, the cost of fuel and material resources can be expected to rise as competition increases. In parallel, growing population and urbanization - combined with resource scarcity- may force communities to prioritize access to natural resources. This creates opportunities for valorizing waste and industrial by-products.
LafargeHolcim wants to reduce its dependency on natural resources and fossil fuels by transforming waste into resources for all our production processes. This can bring value to environment and society by reducing the need for landfilling and waste incineration. Additionally this provides employment and other income opportunities through community-based waste collection.
Our targets for 2030
► Use 80 million tons / year of resources made from waste in our operations.
► Multiply by 4 our volume of recycled aggregates from construction and demolition waste and reclaimed asphalt paving.
How we are getting there
What we plan to do
Our 2030 solutions
- Recycled building materials
- Use of alternative raw materials
- Mobile recycling solutions
- Waste management services
- Partnerships to source biomass residues from agriculture and forestry
Find out more on LafargeHolcim innovative products and solutions: