Lafarge announces today the appointment to the Group Executive Committee of Jean-Carlos Angulo, Thomas Farrell, Gérard Kuperfarb and Eric Olsen, from September 1, 2007.
The Executive Committee will therefore be composed of:
- Three Executive Vice-Presidents managing the Cement business: Jean-Carlos Angulo, 58; Isidoro Miranda, 48 and Guillaume Roux, 48.
- Two Executive Vice-Presidents managing the Aggregates & Concrete business: Thomas Farrell, 51 and Gérard Kuperfarb, 46.
- An Executive Vice-President managing the Gypsum business: Christian Herrault, 56.
- An Executive Vice-President, Finance: Jean-Jacques Gauthier, 47.
- An Executive Vice-President, Organization and Human Resources: Eric Olsen, 43.
Bruno Lafont, Chairman and Chief executive officer of the Group, stated :
" am particularly satisfied to be supported at the head of Lafarge by a top-performing team, made up of managers who have acquired within the Group strong knowledge of our businesses and significant international experience, and who represent our results-driven culture."
These changes coincide with the retirement of Group executives, Michel Rose, Chief Operating Officer, and Jean-Charles Blatz, Executive Vice-President, Aggregates & Concrete, and the departure of Ulrich Glaunach.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Lafarge is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in all of its businesses: Cement, Aggregates & Concrete and Gypsum. With 71,000 employees in over 70 countries, Lafarge posted sales of Euros 17 billion in 2006.
Lafarge has been committed to sustainable development for many years, pursuing a strategy that combines industrial know-how with performance, value creation, respect for employees and local cultures, environmental protection and the conservation of natural resources and energy. Lafarge is the only company in the construction materials sector to be listed in the 2007 ‘100 Global Most Sustainable Corporations in the World'. To make advances in building materials, Lafarge places the customer at the heart of its concerns. It offers the construction industry and the general public innovative solutions bringing greater safety, comfort and quality to their everyday surroundings.