The Batiweb Group and Batirenover are combining their internet activities, each dedicated to the construction, home and interior design sectors.
Following the move, the new Batiweb Group will have three shareholders - Nicolas Ricart, President of Batiweb, Axa Private Equity and Lafarge. With more than 17 million unique visitors a year - the highest accumulated number of users on the web - it will be at the forefront of web media in the construction, home and interior design sectors.
The Group's offer will be enhanced as a result of the merger, with, firstly, a complete range of services and information for web-users and, secondly, a unique platform in terms of quality and quantity for the advertising market:
In B-to-C, two websites which are respectively the first and second ranking in France:
- Dkomaison.com: a consumer website focusing on the home and interior design sectors;
- Batirenover.com: focusing on structural, finishing and equipment advice for individuals with renovation and new-build projects;
In B-to-B, five websites:
- Batiweb.com: a general portal for construction professionals with one of the best search engines for building and construction-renovation products;
- Creargos.com and CyberArchi.com: affiliated sites for the specifier target;
- Batissor.com and Cyberbtp.com: affiliated sites for the contractors and SME building company target.
This online portfolio is also enhanced by:
- An intermediation platform for estimates, E-travaux.com. This site will be the Group's springboard for growth, notably by creating a synergy between the Web sites dedicated to professionals and individuals.
- a free publication, L'Entrevous, with a print-run of more than 60,000 copies (200,000 readers) aimed at building contractors;
- and a team able to organize events in the construction-renovation sector, such as Les Journées Démo® and Les Rencontres des Décideurs®;
- an interactive agency, Batiweb-Agency, specializing in design (websites, e-mailings, online catalogues, videos, etc.), consultancy (social networks, relationship marketing) and support for construction suppliers in their web communications strategy.
"This strategic move, which is a major one in our sector of specialist media, will enable us to market a comprehensive service. It will respond to all an advertiser's communications needs and above all position Batiweb as a French leader in terms of accumulated audience. Our range will include both general and affiliate sites. This integration will allow us to achieve an essential critical size to trigger the effects of operational levers," comments Nicolas Ricart, President of Batiweb SAS.
"By partnering with Batiweb, Lafarge can be part of the growth of an exceptional multi-channel relationship marketing platform. This will make it possible, along with all Batiweb's advertising clients, to contribute to high-quality and wide-ranging information about the design, construction and decoration of a sustainable home," says Marc Aouston, CEO of Batirenover SAS and Lafarge Vice President Group Communications, Branding & Innovation.
Founded in 1996, Batiweb is the largest database of construction products and now the leading portal in the construction field with more than 450 advertising clients, 900,000 unique monthly visitors and 153,000 newsletters subscribers.
Using its experience in the B-to-B sector, the company is expanding into the home sector on the web with the creation of a portal dedicated to interior design and the home, called Dkomaison.com, along with the launch in 2010 of a web agency to provide a precise and high quality response to the needs of construction and home advertisers.
At the end of 2010, Batiweb combined its activities with Batirenover sas, a platform specialized in relational marketing and communication dedicated to the construction sector. It allowed it to broaden its know-how and offers, aiming to answer to the needs of professionals and industrials of the sector.
Nicolas Ricart, CEO of Batiweb SAS is the company's majority shareholder and Axa Private Equity is the second-largest shareholder.