In accordance with Article 20 of the Federal Act on Stock Exchanges and Securities Trading (Stock Exchange Act), Holcim Ltd was informed by The Capital Group Companies, Inc., 333 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA, USA, that effective August 15, 2008, it holds as investment manager for itself and together with affiliated institutions (see list in appendix) through the purchase of shares 5.0008 percent of the voting rights and of the registered share capital of Holcim Ltd. This corresponds to 13,181,456 registered shares and voting rights.
Gina Martinez or Viven Tan at The Capital Group Companies, Inc., 333 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA, USA, were named as contact persons.
* * * * * * *
Holcim is one of the world's leading suppliers of cement and aggregates (crushed stone, gravel and sand) as well as further activities such as ready-mix concrete and asphalt including services. The Group holds majority and minority interests in more than 70 countries on all continents.
* * * * * * *
List of affiliated institutions which together with The Capital Group Companies, Inc. hold the investment in Holcim Ltd:
- Capital Research and Management Company, 333 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA, USA;
- Capital Guardian Trust Company, 333 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA, USA;
- Capital International Limited, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, UK;
- Capital International Inc., 11100 Santa Monica Blvd 15th Fl., Los Angeles, CA, USA;
- Capital International S.A., 3 Place des Bergues, Geneva, Switzerland.