At 185 meters, Saigon M&C Tower is constructed by one of the most reputable engineering-procurement-construction contractors in the world: Bouygues Batiment International (BBI), known for its rigorous building materials requirements for its construction works.
Supplier requirements for this project included the following:
- High-quality products in compliance with international standards
- Local knowledge and qualified skill base
- Willingness to partner and constantly improve process, technology, and people
- Reliable supply to meet tight schedules
LafargeHolcim Beton was selected as the sole supplier of concrete for Saigon M&C Tower.
To ensure adherence to the highest standards of time, quality, and esthetics of this complex and technically challenging work, LafargeHolcim Beton and BBI developed the special high-strength concrete “Super Beton” at 75MPa for the key elements (columns and core walls). Benefits include the following:
- Reduced column size by up to 45%, enabling more space for leasing. It also makes the building more architecturally pleasing with more open space between columns.
- Increased construction speed thanks to high early strength. This reduces the foundation cost and materials use, leading to savings in total building costs.
LafargeHolcim Beton also offered two other innovative concrete products for the first time in Vietnam to accommodate BBI’s advanced construction techniques, such as a simultaneous top-and-down construction sequence, slipform casting for the core wall, high-tech formwork, and more.
But LafargeHolcim Beton has even more to offer than innovative products: it is the total logistics solution provider that helps to ease the main contractor’s job by ensuring timely supply and the highest possible standard of product quality. Using LafargeHolcim Beton’s “Integrated System” helps to manage all steps—from raw materials to production and quality control — to avoid human error or manipulation. All relevant data is recorded automatically, enabling every cubic meter of concrete to be traced back completely. As a result, contractors can rest assured that they can always retrieve required information on supplied materials whenever needed.
With the Saigon M&C Tower, Ho Chi Minh City has another beautiful landmark in its heart, as well as another symbol of its strong position as Vietnam’s political, economic, and cultural center in the south.