So the world builds better
You can listen to the content of a page or paragraph on the LafargeHolcim website by clicking on the "Listen" button.
- When the button is next to an article, you can listen to the whole article.
- When the button is next to a paragraph title, you can only listen to that paragraph.
If you cannot hear any sound, please check the volume of your speakers, both on the task bar and on the speakers themselves.
Register to RSS feeds
RSS ("Really Simple Syndication") is a real-time information feed which brings together all or part of a website's content in an .xml file.
Registering to the RSS feeds means you are informed automatically, without having to visit the site, when new content is added to your chosen pages.
An RSS feed provides the title and first words of the new information and a link to the complete page.
To use an RSS feed:
- click on the "RSS-Register" button on the top right of the page,
- copy the url address that is displayed,
- add the address to an RSS reader (Netvibes, My Yahoo).
You can print the content of most of the pages on the LafargeHolcim site:
- click on the "Print" button at the top right of the page,
- the page to be printed will open in a new window,
- click on "Print" in the dialog box which will open.
You can also use the "print" function offered by your browser.
"Podcast" is a combination of "iPod" and "broadcasting". The podcast function allows you to download content as a sound file then listen to it on an MP3 player without being connected to the internet.
Subscribing to the podcast feed means you can automatically download and listen to new pages as they are added to the site. To subscribe to the podcast feed:
- download and install a podcast software (generally free of charge), such as iTunes, Winamp or Juice,
- copy the address of the podcast feed from the LafargeHolcim website and paste it into your podcast software,
- each time you plug your MP3 player into your computer, the player will recover and download the content from the feed.