- Tell me more about Geocycle
- What's special about Geocycle?
- What is Geocycle's role in sustainable development at LafargeHolcim?
Globally, Geocycle provides tailor-made waste management solutions for 10,000 customers: industrial and service companies, municipalities, and waste management firms, in more than 50 countries. These industry- and sector-specific solutions are delivered by dedicated Geocycle teams, working to the highest safety and environmental standards. Partnering with Geocycle allows customers to focus on their core activities, confident in the knowledge that their waste is being managed by world-class experts.
- Extensive network of highly professional industrial and process engineers, chemists, biologists, building material specialists, economists, and environmental and safety experts 2,000 dedicated employees
- More than 80 waste pre-treatment facilities
- More than 15 million tonnes of waste treated annually
- More than 16 million tonnes of CO2 emissions prevented annually through recovery of the energy from the processed waste
- Plants equipped with Environmental Management System (EMS) according to ISO 14001
- Global risk management program (ACert)
With a predicted population of nine billion people by 2050, the world faces the immense challenge of balancing local and global efforts to meet human needs, while preserving the environment.
Responsible waste management is crucial to these efforts.
Geocycle works with regulatory bodies, governments, communities and other groups to increase awareness about waste issues.
Through the company’s innovative, sustainable waste practices, and by working with customers and other stakeholders, the long-term goal is to deliver a ‘zero-waste future’.