So the world builds better
Sports & cultural facilities
Arts & Culture
As a private foundation, contractor, or public body dedicated to promoting culture, you develop museums, concert halls, opera houses, and more. We understand the stakes are high as you confront these demanding challenges:
- Contribute to a vibrant and unique landmark that represents what's best about a city.
- Maximize durability to ensure that your cultural facility stands the test of time.
- Create a unique design that will remain relevant for decades, and create an optimal acoustic environment for concert halls and opera houses.
- Ensure project safety and meet tight planning and budget constraints.
During the design and construction of buildings dedicated to arts and culture, LafargeHolcim works with you every step of the way to:
- Build partnerships with renowned architects of famous museums and cultural projects, as we did for some of the most iconic ones: Oscar Niemeyer's Niterói Contemporary Art Museum in Brazil, Rudy Ricciotti's new MuCEM museum in Marseille, the Elbe Philharmonic Hall in Hamburg, and many more.
- Overcome the most complex operational challenges with the support of our project management experience, which involves multiple players, both public and private, local and international.
- Develop tailored cement, concrete, and aggregates materials solutions using the latest technology developed at our R&D Center – the first of its kind for building materials worldwide – and in our local construction development labs located near your project sites.
- Support you through our global supply and distribution network, ensuring you have consistent quality and delivery throughout the lifespan of your project.
Today, stadiums are more than just sports arenas. They are now landmarks of a city's skyline, the showcase of a sport club's brand, and the key to their business models.
As a result, building such facilities requires companies, contractors, and public bodies to:
- provide a unique aesthetic and acoustic experience to spectators,
- include all the business facilities of a modern sports arena (shopping, entertainment, events, conferences, etc.),
- complete projects on time and on budget and maintain public support throughout project lifetime.
LafargeHolcim is your partner in designing and building attractive, innovative and durable sports facilities:
- We have extensive experience working with renowned architects on major stadiums worldwide, including the most spectacular ones: Stade Jean-Bouin in Paris, the Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro, the Gillette Stadium near Boston (USA), and many more.
As a world leader, we work with you to design the most advanced solutions tailored to your sports arena projects:
- From traditional cement to high-tech aesthetic concretes, such as our Ultra High Performance Concrete (UHPC) and our decorative concretes.
- A range of environmental solutions to reduce your stadium's environmental footprint, such as recycled aggregates, insulating concrete, and draining concrete for water recovery.
- Any other required custom-made products can be developed to your specifications by our R&D labs at both international and local levels.
- We supply all our materials on time to your work site to respect your project delivery terms through our comprehensive and global logistics solutions.