- 317 l / tonne of cement of freshwater withdrawal
- Determination of level of compliance with WASH Pledge at all LafargeHolcim sites (ongoing)
Water & Nature
- Reduce by 30% the amount of freshwater we withdraw to produce each tonne of cement.
- Give more water than we withdraw in areas where it’s scarce.
- Ensure access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene to all our employees and contractors on all our operational sites.
- Demonstrate a positive change for biodiversity
Why we care
Water demand and populations living in water-stressed areas are projected to increase in the upcoming years. As a result, industrial activities will face competition for water from other human activities, such as agricultural and sanitary use. In addition, increasing competition for land and a growing awareness of the value of ecosystems will make effective biodiversity management a material issue for all industries extracting raw materials such as ours.
At LafargeHolcim, we believe responsible water practices and effective biodiversity management can not only reduce our footprint, but generate positive impacts.