Located in the largely rural state of Rio Grande do Norte in Northeast Brazil, the Windmill Farm is an important part of the planned diversification of this region’s energy sources. No longer subject to unsteady rainfall or changing fuel prices, this project guarantees local residents a steady supply of affordable electricity. We were selected based on our ability to supply top-quality concrete and cement - without interruption - to a variety of different sites across the state.
LafargeHolcim's contribution included the following:
- Guaranteeing a steady supply of quality materials by providing 58,000 m3 of RMX concrete and over 29,000 tons of cement
- Ensuring technical specifications by fine-tuning the concrete mix for this specific project
- Verifying the quality of delivered concrete
- Offering the services of our dedicated development and innovation team
- Installing a mobile RMX plant near the worksites to ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials
From now on, the state of Rio Grande do Norte can look forward to a constant flow of green, renewable electricity to supplement its energy mix.