Major shareholders

Discover the characteristics of LafargeHolcim’s investor base and find out how the Group’s share capital is distributed.

 

According to the share register and disclosed through notifications filed with LafargeHolcim Ltd and the SIX Swiss Exchange shareholders, owning 3 percent or more are as follows:

  • Thomas Schmidheiny directly and indirectly holds 69,074,277 shares or 11.4 percent as per December 31, 2018

(2017: 69,072,527 shares or 11.4 percent);

  • Groupe Bruxelles Lambert holds 57,238,551 shares or 9.4 percent as per December 31, 2018

(2017: 57,238,551 shares or 9.4 percent);

  • NNS Jersey Trust holds 9,455,606 shares or 1.6 percent and additionally 16,993,600 options or 2.8 percent, total of 4.4 percent as per December 31, 2018

(2017: 25,180,203 shares or 4.1 percent and additionally 10,000,000 options or 1.7 percent, total of 5,8 percent) 1 ;

  • Harris Associates L.P. declared holdings of 30,342,087 shares or 4.99 percent (falling below threshold of 5 percent) on December 10,2018

(October 25, 2017: 30,446,532 shares or 4.99 percent). Harris Associates Investment Trust declared holdings of 18,332,272 shares or 3.02 percent on December 31, 2018;

  • Norges Bank (the Central Bank of Norway) declared holdings of 18,330,151 shares or 3.02 percent on November 8, 2018;
  • BlackRock Inc. declared holdings of 18,725,934 shares or 3.1 percent on May 12, 2017.


1 Included in share interest of Board of Directors, ultimate beneficial owner Nassef Sawiris.